It is payback time - to the society that has bestowed us with opportunities to succeed and adversities to strengthen us from within. For all the goodness that we have received, it is only reasonable that we give some goodness in return. The gratifying experience of giving surpasses every other joy, wealth or any gain ever enjoyed. As we have grown and prospered along with our associates and customers, we also seek to help the community in doing so by catering to their various needs in whatever possible way.
Education and Medical facilities must reach one and all, if we ever hope to realize the dream of a unified and developed country. Creating a common platform for one and all to stabilize and branch out from is the collective responsibility of the entire community – and we are happy doing our part by constructing Schools and Hospitals, and offering scholarships to deserving students.
In addition to building a Higher Secondary School in Nokha, a village in the Bikaner district of Rajasthan, we also actively manage Shri Jain Vidyalaya in Kolkata, a Higher Secondary School affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Education.
In response to the growing need for Medical Infrastructure, we have sponsored the construction of a block in the Hindu Mission Hospital and a dialysis unit in Chennai. We have further extended our support to the medical field by contributing in the development of Jain Hospital Research Centre in Howrah, West Bengal.
The process of giving social returns is an unending one. As Olympia proceeds to make more path-breaking real estate developments across the country, our efforts to make our society a stronger and protective one will continue.
OTCPL Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
OTCPL has been an early adopter of Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives. Along with sustained economic performance, environmental and social development has been the cornerstone of our philosophy.
Key Focus Areas
- OTCPL will provide scholarships to deserving candidates and support them in their endeavours.
- The company will further support the upgradation of facilities in schools and technical institutions.
- OTCPL will provide financial aid to cover medical expenses of the poor and needy.
- The company will support the cause of healthcare by making periodic donations to reputed organisations such as Sankara Nethralaya etc.
- OTCPL will promote skill development by imparting training directly/in association with other skill development centres to impart vocational training among construction workers.
- Encouraging the empowerment of women in society by fostering a conducive environment and promoting skill development opportunities.
- The Company is committed to the cause of humane and ethical treatment of animals. OTCPL shall endeavour to support the establishment and maintenance of Gaushalas, Pinjrapols in different parts of the country.
- Understanding the importance of physical activities and sports in the big picture of community development, the company shall support the establishment and upgradation of sports academies.
- The company will look at supporting research and development of the environment sustainable initiatives, being promoted by research institutions and organisations like CII-IGBC.
- The company shall look at -directly or through other agencies/NGOs- implementing and advocating environment sustainable programmes such as afforestation, community water treatment plants, compost yards, renewable energy generation, water conservation initiatives, rainwater harvesting, biomethation among others.
- The policy shall also include such other areas as notified under schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 or as prescribed by the government from time to time.
Composition of CSR Committee
The CSR Committee shall consist of the undermentioned directors/executives:
- Mr. Ajit Kumar Chordia - Chairman of the Committee
- Mr. Chandrakant Kankaria - Member
- Mr. Piyush Kumar Bhagat - Member
- Mr. Bharat Kumar Chordia - Member
- Mr. Atosh R Surana - Member and Company Secretary
Responsibilities of the Committee
- To identify the CSR projects or programmes that our company plans to undertake.
- Specifying modalities of execution and implementation schedules of such projects/programmes.
- Monitoring the progress of such projects/programmes.
- Recommending the amount of expenditure for such projects/programmes.
OTCPL will undertake its CSR activities, approved by the CSR Committee, either directly or through the Bhanwari Kanwar Chordia Trust, the Khivraj Chordia trust, Khivraj Foundation or such other entity as approved by the CSR Committee.
The surplus, if any, arising out of the CSR activities, projects or programmes shall not form part of the business profit of the company.
Notable CSR Initiatives
Compost Yard at Navalur
As part of its CSR initiative, the company has tied up with the local panchayat of Navallur village to bring in a sustainable action plan for clearing the garbage. A shed had been constructed and a state-of-the-art organic waste composting machine had been installed at a total cost of about Rs. 60 lakh. Two personnel have been appointed for day-to-day maintenance of the yard.
As part of continuous Corporate Social Responsibility efforts OTCPL supports Sankara Nethralaya on a year on year basis in their research endeavours and service to the people. Keeping with the same spirit, OTCPL had contributed to Sankara Nethralaya for a floor in an independent speciality block.